Saturday, May 23, 2009

Welcome to L.A.


We went to this restaurant for Betty's (one of the other interns) birthday. It's called Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles. It sounds very strange but surprisingly good (apparently it's been featured on the Food Network multiple times). While we were there I overheard this black man exclaim, "Wow, I've never seen so many white people before!"



Then the other day, we heard police/ambulance/firetruck sirens so we looked out our apartment window and saw that they were all headed to the park across the street (you can't see the park very well because it's blocked by the overpass but it's there). The police officers parked their cars and then ran as fast as they could to the park (all of the cars parked on the street in the video are police cars!). We could see the cops gathered together in the park. Then we saw them take someone away on a stretcher and they marked part of the park with yellow crime scene tape. We're still not sure what happened but we suspect a shooting or stabbing. We never could find anything on the news. I haven't dared go to the park alone since!

Also, a couple weeks ago KJ & I got lost one night and ended up 25 miles away from our apartment. We stopped at a grocery store so KJ could buy a map (this is before we got a GPS). I sat in the back of the car and fed Eva while he was gone. While I was sitting there (in the dark, I might add) a bunch of cops pulled into the parking lot and arrested 5 guys. It was pretty freaky because they were only 2 cars away from me! But I survived and we got home safely.

We are definitely NOT in Utah anymore! Welcome to LA.!

1 comment:

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

Yikes!! I hope you guys enjoy you time there.---great weather right