The 1st Date: Our first date was during the summer of 2006. We played frisbee golf, had a candlelight picnic in the park and saw the musical "Fiddler on the Roof" at the Scera Shell. We double with Trent Boulter. We had a great time. This was the beginning to our story.
The 1st Hand Hold: We first held hands at Matt Melville's house during the movie "Red Eye." I don't remember all the details. I do remember that we were sitting next to each other on the couch and KJ reached for my hand. I liked it. :)
The 1st Kiss: Our first kiss was on the golf course. KJ had been played golf with his sister Eliza when I came to hang out with them. We golfed for a little while and then KJ & I went for a ride around the course in a golf cart. We drove up the back 9 to the top of the course (hole 12, I think). It was dark and we could see the lights of the whole valley. It was so pretty. We were standing there hugging when I accidentally hit his nose with my head. I kissed his nose. And then we kissed for real.
The 1st time I knew I loved KJ: I had been thinking a lot about KJ and our relationship and I kept thinking, "I think I really love him." But I had never been in love before so I wasn't completely sure. One night I was talking to my friend Cathy and she made the comment that she knew she loved her fiance because whenever she thought about him "love" was the only word that described how she felt about him. I felt like this was true with me too but I still needed time to think and pray about it. Then one night in December I really knew. We had spent the evening with KJ's family at temple square looking at the Christmas lights. On the way home (we were in 2 cars) KJ's brother had a medical problem and his parents had to rush him to the hospital. So they took one car and we took the other kids home. I was so impressed with KJ in this difficult situation. He just took charge and was so calm. He made dinner and sat all the kids down and explained the situation to them so they wouldn't worry. Right at that moment I knew that I really loved KJ and that I had for awhile. I knew that he was the right one for me. I knew that he would be a great father. I knew that I wanted to be with him for eternity. And my wish came true.
The 1st "I Love You": The first time we said "I love you" we were sitting in my car outside KJ's parents house on New Years Eve. I was getting ready to go home after a family party (the first time I met the Bountiful Strattons!) and we were talking and saying goodbye. As we were sitting there KJ looked at me and said, "Guess what?" I said, "What?" He said, "I love you, Macie" I responded, "I love you too!" Then we smiled at each other and then we kissed. And we've been in love ever since. :)
Note: the picture above was taken the morning after we first said "I love you"
6 comments:
Oh, that is so cute. I really love hearing all of those stories of you and KJ. Maybe I should start doing that on my blog. Then again, I feel like everyone already knows my story with Tyson...
Yay! Those were the cutest real life love stories I have ever read! You guys are SOOO cute!
So sweet! It makes me remember all my 'firsts' too... such happy days! Don't you love being married?
So cute!!! It's fun to think about memories like that!
I still want to see your sweet baby eva.... we all need to get together and go out sometime soon... call me 801-6825237
Cute stories Mace, my little cousin is so big being in love and married and a adad. I am glad to see that even after meeting the Bountiful Starttons you still loved KJ, that it itself is pretty magical!
Missed you guys at the Mothers Day party!
Post a Comment