Friday, February 24, 2012

My Goal

"I mean to be happy in every circumstance in which I am placed. I am determined to not be cheated out of the pleasures and happiness of this world by the cares and disappointments with which I am surrounded. For Elder Kimball tells us that if we ever expect to have a heaven we shall have to make it ourselves, so I think the sooner we begin the better and I know of no better way than to be content in every condition and try to make the best of everything."
-My great-great-great Grandma, Lydia Partridge Lyman

3 comments:

Annegirl said...

I LOVE THIS!!!! Thanks for sharing!

April said...

:) beautiful quote

Unknown said...

This quote is just what I needed for the day. Thanks. I have read your blog for awhile now. You grew up in the same ward as my husband (Dennen Frazier).

I feel like I should have said this along time ago. I'm so sorry you lost your little Johnny. We just had a stillborn baby girl named Rowan. Although it's not the same and everyone's grief is different, I feel more compelled to be compassionate to others who have lost a child as well.

How hard of a tragedy you and your family are going through. I will never fully understand.