Saturday, February 11, 2012

Connection

One horrible day in the NICU, Johnny started having seizures. At the start of one seizure he looked at me with a look of panic and confusion. I looked him right in the eyes said aloud, "Johnny, just relax. You're going to be ok. You can do this."

Now, 9 months later, as I lay on the floor in a big sobbing, shaking mess. I could feel Johnny stare into my soul and tell me,
"Mom, just relax. You're going to be ok. You can do this."

I am always amazed at the mother-child connection. Even when we're not physically together.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

My heart breaks and breaks and breaks for you and your family! You have no idea how much of an inspiration you have been to me, Macie! God bless you!

Cathy said...

I love you, Mace. I'm always thinking about you and your sweet family.

April said...

so beautiful.

Breta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Breta said...

I just read your post, Mace, and now I'm a big sobbing mess. Hang in there...I'm so proud of you! Love, Mom

Karissa Kay said...

So sweet Mace. You will be okay. Love you!