Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Still another update

Nothing major to report. Johnny is still doing really well. He's done with the antibiotics so no more sad IVs (they put one in his head the other day, it was freaky). He has a diaper rash from the antibiotics but it's going away. His voice is still raspy and they are concerned that his vocal chords may be damaged. I'm trying not to panic until they tell me that they know anything for certain. Today during rounds the doctors will discuss whether or not they will do surgery on his left eye tomorrow. That about sums it up for now.

Eva is so excited to see Johnny. She hasn't been able to because she's too young to go in the NICU. Whenever she comes to the hospital she asks, "I say hi to baby Johnny?" It breaks my hear that I have to say no. She's always telling us, "I texting baby Johnny." I can't wait for them to meet someday. :)

2 comments:

Sharlee said...

I'm always so glad when you update just so I know what's going on. Weston had to have that IV in his head too- I was so glad when that came out! Do they have the rule that only grandparents can visit? That's what Timp. Hospital did- my parents and grandparents could come in but not Kristi or Hyrum or anyone else. I was kind of grumpy about that, but I guess it's for good reason. Give Ava a squeeze for us!

Rachel Judd Cowley said...

Head IVs are sooo sad! Lissy had a few of those during her NICU stay. We're praying for you guys. Little Johnny is a wonder kid :) We are so proud of him AND his faithful parents.