So, Johnny had quite the rough day today. The doctors kept him intubated since they were planning to do the second eye surgery tomorrow. But last night he started having episodes where he would stop breathing and his blood oxygen levels and heart rate would drop drastically. Not cool little dude. Not cool. We were there for a couple of them. Worst experience EVER. He has had a lot of mucus secretions from his lungs. They have been suctioning his lungs about every half an hour most of the day. Also, his temperature has been a little high. These episodes could be caused because of irritation from being intubated but most likely it's a mixture of irritation and an infection. He had a spinal tap done (to test his spinal fluid) and his mucus was tested and everything came back normal. So no RSV, viruses or meningitis. Yay! We're still waiting to hear the results from the blood and urine tests. Those tests should be ready in a couple of days. They already started him on antibiotics this morning. I guess they start treating babies for the worst case scenario until they get the test results back. Hopefully it won't stick around for too long because they caught it early.
We went back to the hospital after dinner and Johnny looked a lot better than he did this afternoon. I really hope that means he's on the mend. They're not doing is second eye surgery tomorrow, they'll wait until next Thursday. Hopefully they'll extubate him tomorrow morning. We're just waiting for the neonatalogist to approve it. I think that's what caused most of this. This has been one of the worst days in my history of motherhood. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. But things are looking up. Thank heavens for prayer and the power of the priesthood.
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Poor little kid! Probably just didn't like the tubes and being in the incubator so he rebelled... I can't wait for it to all be done so you can bring him home!
I know what you mean, those Bradys are so scary to witness. You know it's serious when the nurses get excited and the monitors are beeping loud and crazy. He sounds like a strong little boy thought. Get better soon Johnny.
Oh poor little guy : ( Sounds like he is pretty tough, though...can't wait for you guys to be able to bring him home (and for more pictures!)
I am so sorry yesterday was so rough, hope today is better!
I'm glad yesterday is over then. We'll be praying for a brighter day for you and little Johnny. Love you.
:( i am so sorry you have to go through this. johnny is such a strong little guy and i just know he can pull through it...the journey to get there is the hard part...you are in our prayers always! love you!!!
I haven't been on Facebook forever but today logged on and read your news. I am so sorry. My love and prayers are with you. I know what you are feeling. I had a 2 and a half pound baby. God bless you!
Post a Comment