Everything went well with Johnny's surgery this morning. The doctors did have a little bit of trouble getting the ventilator in since Johnny's mouth/throat is so small but that was the only thing that went wrong. Since they had trouble with the ventilator and his next surgery is on Thursday, the doctors decided to leave the ventilator in until then. :( It's been so hard seeing him with it in. It seems SO annoying. Luckily Johnny is pretty heavily sedated and on pain meds. I just have to keep telling myself that a few days of annoying ventilators and monitors is better than being blind for life (which is what would happen if he didn't get the cataracts removed). But we're glad that there were no complications (so far) and that we'll be done with the surgeries by the end of this week. I'm ready to be done with it all. Thanks for the prayers in our behalf. They're working!
P.S. Today is Johnny's due date!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Poor little man. I am glad it's almost over, too. Stay strong you brave parents!!!
I'm so glad his surgery went well! That ventalator is not fun! You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers!
Keep us up dated. Glad all went well. We love you and are praying for your family.
Glad to hear that things turned out well! That does sound like a pitiful sight indeed to see your little one undergoing such big boy stuff like operations. We'll keep the prayers coming.
Hugs...
Post a Comment