Thursday, October 2, 2008

Quack, Quack

The other day while working at the Golf Course, I had an interesting conversation with a random guy that went something like this:

Man: "So. . .When's hatchin' time?"
Me: "Huh?"
long pause where I'm totally confused
Me: "Oh. Do you mean when's my baby due?
Man: "Yeah"
Me: "November"
end of conversation

I wanted to say, "Well, I need to go sit on my eggs. Have a good day!" But I controlled myself.

So, apparently I look like a duck or some other creature that lays eggs. Note to self: don't become a science teacher because you don't know the word for that, is it amphibious? Note to Man: ask your mom about how human babies are born. Yes it's true that pregnant women sometimes waddle but that DOESN'T make me a duck!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

But it IS a funny story!

Kristi Adams said...

Macie, you are so funny! Don't men know that they shouldn't mess with a pregnant woman?

Quinn said...

Have you ever listened to Bill Engvall? That sounds a lot like a "here's your sign" moment. Some people get really stupid around pregnant woman, and it doesn't help that some men get more attracted to a woman who is pregnant, so he really sounded a little silly.

Burdett Family said...

That so funny. I love you. Good luck with these last couple months. I think they are the worst because you get so anxious for the baby to come and so misrable because you are so huge and can't seem to get comfortable.