Monday, July 2, 2012

Family of 5!



By now I think most everyone knows but there is a HEALTHY baby girl coming to our family Nov. 6th, 2012!!  We are thrilled, especially that she is healthy.  Ever since last fall Eva would talk about her "sister baby" that was coming.  It will be so fun to have two little girls in our family.

We have never had a completely worry-free 20 week ultrasound (with Eva they thought there might be water on her brain and you all know what happened at Johnny's) so we feel very, very blessed and aren't quite sure what to do with ourselves! We had this ultrasound at the hospital with the perinatologists that worked with us during Johnny's pregnancy.  After we were told that this little girl had a clean bill of health, KJ and I just hugged and cried.  I'm sure people at the hospital thought we had gotten bad news as we left the hospital crying.  They were tears of joy.  This pregnancy has been such an emotional roller coaster.  I don't even know how to explain it.  I don't think you could truly understand unless you've been in this situation.  How do you mourn the loss of one baby while anticipating the arrival of another?  It's weird.  I miss Johnny more now than ever.  I can feel him close and I know that he will be close to his sisters.  How cool is it that my girls get a brother for a guardian angel?  What a sweet blessing.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh KJ and Macie! I can't express how happy I am for you! You have such a beautiful family and any children that you have are SO blessed to have you! She will be beautiful! Congratulations! xoxo

Unknown said...

I am so happy for your good news! My husband (Dennen Frazier) was in your home ward growing up. I have checked in on your blog on and off when Jonny was in the hospital and through his passing... It's so true that no one understands. I only wish you the best! You guys deserve it :)

Jessie Evans said...

I am so happy for you guys! And I can't wait to meet your cute little girl :)

April said...

such great news!! and that is beautiful that they get a brother for a guardian angel. :) blessed girls.