Thursday, May 31, 2012

Heaven on Earth



 On May 18th, 2011, RSV season officially ended and Eva finally got to come back to Johnny's bedside and meet her "baby brudder." She was so excited and didn't want me to touch her, she only wanted her brother. Johnny couldn't stop staring at her. If he couldn't see her he would frantically search for her.  We closed the curtains and had our first family prayer and "family hug." It was pure heaven.  Our little family in the same room at last.


One night the end of July we decided to have a family night.  Johnny was in his own hospital room now.  There were no nurses, no doctors, no pokes, no procedures, no beeping monitors, no impending surgery, no anxiety, just our little family.  We played with Johnny's toys, ate pizza, watched Little Rascals, took the kids on a wagon ride.  It was so nice to just be together.

While KJ & Eva went to get dinner, Johnny and I sat alone in the dimly lit hospital room.  I remember being thirsty and wanting to get a drink but something told me to stay and enjoy the moment.  So, I snuggled him close and kissed his forehead and cheeks.  I listened to him breathe and inhaled his scent.  I observed once again his perfect features; perfect nose, perfect eyelashes, perfect hands and feet, perfect skin.  I played with his hair and felt his newly repaired heart beating.  I'm so glad I listened to that prompting because little did I know that less than a month later he would be called back to Heaven.

No comments: