Wednesday, April 6, 2011

ANOTHER Surgery

Yes, you heard right. Johnny is having ANOTHER surgery tomorrow. Boo. He has developed glaucoma (high eye pressure). But don't freak out, this is pretty common in kids who have had cataracts removed (about 85% get it) and it's not the same as adult glaucoma (did you know there are 10 types of glaucoma? I didn't). Anyway, they're going in and doing an eye exam while he is sedated and then doing surgery depending on how high the pressure is.

I'm not super worried about the surgery but I really don't want him intubated again! I HATE VENTILATORS! But since he has to go under general anesthesia, we don't have a choice. I'm nervous that having the breathing tube in will set him back with the eating issues. We asked to have the most qualified ENT they can find to intubate him. Keven & KJ gave him a blessing on Monday night and I pray that all goes well. Poor little dude!

He is also having his swallow test tomorrow morning. Hopefully his aspiration problems are improving. Come Johnny, you can do it! Well, I'm tired and we have a big day ahead of us so I'm off to bed! Wish us luck and keep our little buddy in your prayers!

P.S. Sorry I don't a cute new picture. I'll work on that.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

good luck little johnny! he is a trooper :)

The Finlinsons said...

You're in our prayers. Johnny's a strong little thing! (You guys have been really strong yourselves having to go through all this.)

Kristin said...

thanks for updating! We're praying for you! You can do it Johnny!

Matt and Lecia said...

We are praying! I hope he gets to come home real soon!!

Benjamin and Jennie said...

Macie we think about your family often and Grandpa always remembers little johnny in prayers!!! We will continue to pray for him. He is a strong boy and is very lucky to have such wonderful parents who believe in him:) Love you!!