Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Zoo

The group (minus Sis. Andersen, she's taking the picture)
She was little leary of the giraffes at first
(she would panic if I took her out of the stroller)
but then she loved them.

While KJ spent the day at the BYU-Zoo, Eva & I took a field trip to the Hogle Zoo with the Andersen girls. I think Eva is still a bit young to appreciate the zoo animals. She was more interested in the watching the waterfalls/pools in the cages and eating Gerber puffs. The only animals she paid attention to were the zebras, the giraffes and the behind of an elephant! I hadn't been to the zoo since Elementary School so it was fun for me too. Did you know that giraffe's can kill a lion with one kick? Or that when elephant's poop they distribute seeds into the ground? I didn't either. Thanks for the invite Brittany!

3 comments:

brittany said...

It was so much fun, and I'm glad you came!

Kristi said...

Funny, I just learned the elephant thing on the discovery channel the other day. It was about fig trees, which apparently can grow out of elephant poop. Who knew poop could be so magical. (He he snort)

The Finlinsons said...

Oh, I've been dying to go to the zoo...and I know that Eden would LOVE it...she's in love with animals of any kind (I like animals as long as they aren't in my house...or yard) I miss all you guys and it looks like you guys are having so much fun. Can't wait to see you in October!