Monday, April 6, 2009

Monday Memory: The Beginning


Ok, let's start from the very beginning. KJ & I met in Junior High, he was in 7th grade and I was in 8th grade. Neither of us remembers exactly when we met. One friend says we met at a stake dance but we're not sure. We have been in the same group of friends since then. We never dated or even had a secret crush on each other throughout jr. high or high school. After high school, I moved to Arizona to go to school and he went on a mission to Venezuela. I didn't write him once his whole mission!
We went on our first date the summer of 2006 after he came home from his mission. I still remember the night he called to ask me on a date. I remember thinking how easy it was to talk to KJ and how nice he was. Our first date consisted of a frisbee golfing, a candlelight cereal dinner, "Fiddler on the Roof" at the Scera Shell and my first taste of apple soda (one of his favorite drinks from his mission). We had a lot of fun but still considered ourselves "just friends." While we were at the play we saw one of the Stratton's family friends, he asked KJ who I was and he said "That's Macie, she's just a friend." After the date one of our friends asked me if I liked KJ, I replied with, "Ew! No, that would be weird!" Even though we weren't dating, we started doing lots of things together after that. Some of those things included movies with friends, weekly sushi nights at Damae and institute dances.
Our second & third dates were in the fall of 2006. One week KJ asked me on two dates, one on Wednesday and one on Friday. The 2nd date was a picture scavenger hunt and the 3rd was a show at BYU & dinner (pictured above). More on these dates later. So, that's were it all began. And I'm so glad it did!

6 comments:

brittany said...

Can we get a copy of this?

Cathy said...

I think that we took that picture with my camera. And I absolutely love that I was the 3rd wheel without a date! But it was totally fun and I enjoyed being out with all of you!

The Finlinsons said...

haha. That's awesome. I had never heard that story about the start of you and KJ. You know all about mine.

Macie said...

Britt- A copy of the picture? Of course!

Sharlee said...

So fun, Mace! I love hearing these stories...

Barb Elder said...

That was fun to read. You and KJ make the prefect couple and who would of thought? So cool. Love ya!