
As I sit here trying to find all the random and lost files of assignments (some of them that I did 3 years ago!) on the computer to put my final portfolio together for school, I found myself getting extremely frustrated and very bored. As, I was searching I found the beginnings of a "book" my sisters and I decided to write one very giggly and fun Sunday evening a few years back. As I read our random thoughts, it took all my troubles away (well, for a moment) and I thought I would share it with you. I will add that it's probably not as funny for anyone else but whatever. The book is titled "You Know You're a Finlinson If/When"
(P.S. Some of them are inside jokes, so I apologize, I will try to explain.)
You Know You're a Finlinson If/When:
*You covet your neighbors toilet paper (Growing up I swear we had the stratchiest toilet paper!)
*You eat yours and all of your friends' food at lunch
*You know it's bad idea to talk to Grandma Fin about chemistry (she'll keep talking and talking and talking and talking and talking. . .)
*You've danced with your cousins (my Dad's side of the family has a sort of "barn dance" every year in Oak City called the Kadrill. It's really fun and we went one year but we are literally related to everyone there. Tyson thinks it's creepy.)
*You know all the lyrics to "Blowin' in the Wind"
*You know who sings "Blowin' in the Wind" (It's Bob Dylan)
*You have been taught that Bob Dylan is the greatest thing on the face of the Earth
*You come home from a date and Mom pulls out the General Authority quotes (Ones like "don't give your kisses out like pretzels", etc.)
*Your library and your toilet are in the same room.
*You don't know the difference between a family reunion and a funeral (They're both just family parties to us! One time when Lydie was about 3, we went to my Great-Grandmas funeral and she came home and told her friend, "I went to a family reunion and saw my Grandma in a box!!")
*You're Grandma and Grandpa call you a "blossoming rose" or a "slim, trim peeled onion."
*Eating German Pancakes is a Sunday ritual
(P.S. Some of them are inside jokes, so I apologize, I will try to explain.)
You Know You're a Finlinson If/When:
*You covet your neighbors toilet paper (Growing up I swear we had the stratchiest toilet paper!)
*You eat yours and all of your friends' food at lunch
*You know it's bad idea to talk to Grandma Fin about chemistry (she'll keep talking and talking and talking and talking and talking. . .)
*You've danced with your cousins (my Dad's side of the family has a sort of "barn dance" every year in Oak City called the Kadrill. It's really fun and we went one year but we are literally related to everyone there. Tyson thinks it's creepy.)
*You know all the lyrics to "Blowin' in the Wind"
*You know who sings "Blowin' in the Wind" (It's Bob Dylan)
*You have been taught that Bob Dylan is the greatest thing on the face of the Earth
*You come home from a date and Mom pulls out the General Authority quotes (Ones like "don't give your kisses out like pretzels", etc.)
*Your library and your toilet are in the same room.
*You don't know the difference between a family reunion and a funeral (They're both just family parties to us! One time when Lydie was about 3, we went to my Great-Grandmas funeral and she came home and told her friend, "I went to a family reunion and saw my Grandma in a box!!")
*You're Grandma and Grandpa call you a "blossoming rose" or a "slim, trim peeled onion."
*Eating German Pancakes is a Sunday ritual
6 comments:
german pancakes! probably my favorite breakfast ever...
loved reading this. which neighbor's toilet paper did like? lol!
Hi Macie! This is Lori (Garrett) Allen. I saw your name on Leslee's blog. Its so good to see what you are up to. its been so long! Reading this post made me laugh cause I remember there was always something to read in your bathroom. My blog is www.loriandrj.blogspot.com
haha! Oh, I miss you. :)
Lori- I'm so glad you found us! How are you doing? I will for sure check out your blog!
Annie- I agree! When are we going to play again? Please say soon!
Brittany- I think we liked everyone's! :)
I Love your family! :)
Ha ha I love the Finlinsons (:
Post a Comment