Eva has needed her nails trimmed for a long time. Unfortunately, she would never sit still and I'm a wuss and didn't want to risk cutting her finger while I trim AND try to wrestle with her. Well, today I got sick of being clawed to death and I had a stroke of genius.
Me(in the most enthusiatic voice I could muster): "Eva! Do you want to play beauty parlor with mommy?!"
Eva: "Yeah!!"
Me: "Ok, I'll trim your nails and you can brush my hair."
Eva: "Yeah!" (Excited laugh and clapping)
Then she sat perfectly still while I trimmed her nails. I kept my promise and I sat on the floor and let her brush my hair (her new favorite thing). Brilliant.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
hahaha.....so cute!!! you're such a cute mom mace....i can totally picture you guys playing beauty parlor....it will be fun when mayli's at a bargaining age!! oh the things we can do :)
That's awesome! I'm impressed!
what a great idea. She is so cute.
Smart mommy! Good job
way to get creative macie!!!!!!
Paint is also a good intensive:) What a sweet mommy.
Post a Comment